Thursday, April 1, 2010

Installing AtomSite on windows 7. Extra to the installation guide.

I’m in a search for a .net blog/cms engine preferably written with asp.net mvc so I can learn as I use/extend it. Through initial reading AtomSite looks quite promising to give it a try.

Got it running now and just wanted to share some experience with manual install on windows 7 machine.

The only thing I ran into was:

Request for the permission of type 'System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

After giving a full trust to the network share I’m running the app onto (good link for using caspol for url full trust - http://blogs.msdn.com/shawnfa/archive/2004/12/30/344554.aspx), I still had to change Load User Profile property for the app pool as well:

image

And yupiie, here goes the welcome screen!

image

No comments: